UPDATED: April 25, 2018 – Prepaid debit cards are gaining popularity over traditional banking and credit companies. MyPrepaidCenter allows users to make purchases everywhere in the U.S. where American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover logo is accepted and is considered to be one of the best prepaid debit options available.
With the exception of ATMs and gas pumps, you can use your MyPrePaidCenter.com CC anywhere. This provider has teamed up with a long list of popular merchants, stores, and services that even offer you 5% back on your purchases. You are also able to swipe as a credit card, not as a debit card. However, take note that some are accepted virtually anywhere while others are only accepted at a few select merchants.
MyPrepaidCenter Activate Card
Once you receive your free prepaid debit card, it is very easy to activate.
- Visit myprepaidcard.com/users/new
- You will need your card on hand because you are required to enter the account number, expiration date, and security code
- Choose a security question and answer
- Enter a password and confirmation
- Choose the alert notification language you prefer (English, Spanish, or French)
- Once completed, click Create Profile
Features of Your Online Account
When you access myprepaidcenter.com and login to the website, you will be able to make use of a variety of services to include:
- Gain access to recent transactions on your credit card to include the balance and transaction history when you browse the MyCards page
- Request to view a 30-day transaction history if needed
- Locate nearby ATMs where accepted (if applicable)
- Enhance security by signing up for transaction texts/email alerts
- Sign up to receive promotional offers and updates, including 5% back on every purchase
- Protect your financial information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which scrambles or encrypts any information that you submit through the website
- Use the the Contact Us page on the website to contact Customer Services if needed
Is It Better Than Traditional Bank Credit Cards?
According to an article on the Business Insider website, millions of consumers are taking to prepaid Visa, MasterCard as a solution to ensure their financial stability. Prepaid options are becoming the leading commodity for Millennials and Generation X users.
In 2012, the prepaid industry generated billions, not millions of dollars in volume, and each year the volume promises to be higher.
Prepaid CCs are taking the lead in the financial world where banks and major financial industries are considering offering prepaid options as alternative to checking or debit options to customers who do not qualify for traditional credit card companies requirements. If you are comparing prepaid Visa offers, we have reviewed the best prepaid debit cards available, click to read more.
Consumers can expect to receive a free prepaid or MasterCard in the mail within a week or two, after activating their original card. For more information on services and products or with help setting up an online account, consumers can visit prepaidcenters.com for further instructions.
Parent Company: Blackhawk Network
The parent company of MyPrepaidCenter, provides more than just financial services. Blackhawk Network has received a long list of rewards for various areas of the company, including for their customer service, content marketing, innovation, best mobile app, international business, emerging technology. They even have multiple awards and honorable mentions for most influential women in business, usually noting the company’s president and CEO, Talbott Roche.
Some of the innovative content that the company creates are gift cards, themed gifting, digital entertainment, incentive cards, consumer rebate cards and prepaid telecom. They are definitely a strong, multifaceted company, that has a high understanding of the wants and needs of the growing marketplace and are therefore a great company to partner with.
With regards to Blackhawk’s outstanding customer service awards, it can be assumed that My Prepaid Center CC’s will come with a strong customer service team as well, which makes any consumer issues that much less stressful.
Company Contact Info
American Express: 888-900-2347
How to report your credit card as lost or stolen: 877-227-0956
Need Help with Your Account Recovery
If you have forgotten your account username or password, please visit here to reset your password.
NOTE: We are not affiliated with MyPrePaidCenter.com, and you should NOT contact us with any sensitive information that is of a personal nature. We are merely a resource that provides information.